Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Chef or the Pot?



I LOVE my Staub! Its the greatest pot in the world. I can't help but wonder if the delicious things produced from its beautiful enameled innards are indeed a product of the pots magical powers or the skill of the Chef. I'd like to think that its me but after my latest cooking experience I'm beginning to doubt it has anything to do with me at all.  This pot IS magical! I can put whatever food concoction into the pot I want and after waving my bamboo spoon/wand (with a Lucifur tail hair core) and muttering creato deliscioso a seemingly mystical power turns my food into a medley of flavors I didn't even know were possible.


notice the magical mists doing their magical things

Just the other day I had a bunch of tomatoes lying on the counter and I thought to myself gee I wonder what the magical Mr. Staub can do with these? I roasted the snot out of them and threw them into the pot with some garlic, onions and basil and simmered it for a good two hours. It was incredible!





I even used garlic grown from Liz's garden. I'd like to be able to tell Liz that her garlic was super delicious but who knows? It could have been Mr. Staub.




Sometimes I offer up even less effort and just chop up a bunch of crap, throw it in with whatever meat looked good at the market and hope for the best. It never fails. Always delicious.



Its magic.

4 comments:

  1. I want a magic pot! I'm sure the chef has something to do with it, though. That food looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have a magical pot for sure! That spaghetti sauce looked really delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now let me just be clear, in this post "Pot" is the thing you cook in, right? You crazy kids are always making up code words to trick me...

    I can testify that Mr. Staub is a magical pot. Everything I have ever tasted from him has been delicioso. Although, there is something to be said for having a bamboo wand with a Lucifur tail hair core... I should like very much to have another oppotunity to taste some of Mr. Staub's magic.

    PS I think the garlic braid you have hanging on your stove looks awesome--and it is probably very effective at keeping vampires away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like an incomplete chef now that I've seen what I'm missing out on. How have I ever managed without Mr. Staub. The food looks amazing. Maybe someday I'll be fortunate enough to partake of the magical goodness that Mr. Staub creates.

    ReplyDelete

Peekahoo

Followers