Sunday, March 21, 2010

How to shave a Lucifur


As many of you know we have a very fury cat. He's entirely too hairy and every time you pick him up while wearing black you will inevitably get "lulu'd". We've often joked about shaving the cat and I have even called Petsmart to see if they will do it and how much it is. We know some people who have a cat similar to Lucifur and when they shave their cat in the summer months the cat actually seems to enjoy the hairless freedom. Now before you think that this is just another method I use to torture the beast who I am forced to share a home with I want you to all understand that this was Chrstian's idea and it was he who bought the clippers and ultimately did most of the shaving.

Yes we shaved the wretched beast...



No he did not like it... and no he wouldn't hold still which is why he's a bit patchy.



And no he definitely doesn't enjoy his hairless freedom...



He is a cranky cat now who has made it very apparent that he is unhappy in his bald piglet state and abhors the notion that I willingly laugh at his nakedness. He looks like a Tim Burton freaky monster cat.



Anyone know how long it takes for cat hair to grow?

6 comments:

  1. I just laughed and cried for almost 5 minutes. Lulu looks sad and pathetic as a shaved and nekkid beast. He looks very disproportionate with a shaved body and fluffy head. I want to try it on Bubba now, but Becky would kill me. Does Lulu get teased by the neighbor cats now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sure does! We have a neighborhood cat that taunts Lulu from outside the bedroom window. Lucifur hides his head in shame whenever the other cat comes to call. Which isn't an easy thing to do when you have a giant bobble head like he does. He might be a bit embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only reason I think this is even remotely humane is because Christian thought of it. Since Christian is kindly and takes prodigiously good care of Lulu I'll accept that it might have been a reasonable solution to solving your hairy cat problem.
    However, that is one scary looking cat! If I wasn't laughing so hard, I'd kind of feel sorry for Lulu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so ugly! HAHAHAHAHA! He is very scary looking. I think Lucas and I will come over to taunt him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel bad that we're all laughing about Lulu's ugliness, but I can't help it. He looks freaky!

    ReplyDelete

Peekahoo

Followers