Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Pho King



Christian has a new love in his life... Pho. For those of you who don't know, Pho is a Vietnamese noodle dish. Christian's new favorite thing is to create these noodle dishes and put his own spin on them. It's become a favorite of many of his friends and because he's gotten so good at making it they have consequently nick named him the Pho King. Pho is basically a thin rice noodle that is put into a broth with vegetables and meat. The trick is to make the broth really tasty and this is the part that Christian excels at. Our current favorite version has baby bok choy, snow peas, carrots, mushrooms, bean sprouts, jalapenos, limes and chicken.

After a full day of climbing we all hang out and let Christian work his magic in the Kitchen.


Bret and I usually help with the chopping.



Delicious!


4 comments:

  1. Oh my. That really does look delicious. I had no idea that Christian was such a clever and creative cook.

    I had to work extra hard while reading this post to not "say" the words in my head. I wouldn't want to have to wash my mind out with soap...(just kidding)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! I want to try some of Christian's Pho. There are lots of Pho shops out here in San Jose. You should come check them out and visit us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious. I might need to come help chop next time.

    ReplyDelete

Peekahoo

Followers