Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Eagle Lake



We just returned from a weekend at Eagle Lake in California. Going there every year has become a 4th of July family tradition. This is only the second time that Christian and I have been able to make it out so we took full advantage of all the festivities. One of our favorite things to do was ride on the three person tube and see who we could get to fall off. We got some serious air on that thing but only Christian managed to get thrown off.



Yes that's me about to fly out of the tube but I hung on for dear life and managed to stay inside.


Relaxing in the sun.


We made smores with gigantic marshmallows...


giggled around the campfire...




rode Kayaks...


Even Lucas went for a ride sporting his watermelon soaked cheeks.


This little man became a master of the orange flag.


We all loved Mark's boating techniques.


The Bro Boat was awesome!


And most importantly Mom got to bond with her grand babies.


At the end of it all we returned home to the best feeling shower of our lives. Yay for soap and warm running water to make me appreciate the little things. We were lucky to have my parents stop by on their way home for a visit. We hosted a dinner in their honor and it was delicious!



7 comments:

  1. I must say this is my favorite post ever because it features so many pictures of my two favorite people. And that dinner looks divine. You should come visit us and make me dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures. That dinner was amazing. You guys are awesome dinner party throwers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a really great time at Eagle Lake. It was fun to see so many family members and have some really good food. The dinner at Julie's was the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a fun trip. I'm really glad you guys came this year. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like everyone had so much fun at Eagle lake! That dinner was delicious. My favorite part was the rice pilaf. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That video is the best thing ever. I love that you are laughing at your husband. That's exactly what I would have done to mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie is a super good dinner cooker! The salmon was so delicious. And Eagle Lake was so much fun this year. I'm glad you and Christian were able to come play with us. These are really fun pictures. Seeing Christian fly out of that tube is still one of my favorite mental pictures! Excellent flying form, Christian!

    ReplyDelete

Peekahoo

Followers