Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Beef Bourguignon and Braised Beef Short Ribs

I love to cook.

I especially love to try out new recipes.

One recipe in particular has been a goal of mine for quite some time.

That recipe is Beef Bourguignon.

It sounds so fancy for such a simple hearty comfort food. This is the kind of stick to your ribs goodness that makes people smile and feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I'm pretty sure that world peace could finally be achieved if we only had a bowl of Beef Bourguignon big enough to feed us all. However, with a sad heart and a full belly, I'm sorry to report I've none to share with the rest of the world cause I've already eaten all the leftovers.

Here are some pictures from the event...



We lit the vegetables on fire after adding Cognac. I always let Christian do the bits involving fire. He's so talented with flames... smiling on camera not so much but fire... he's a pro.



I highly recommend you all make this! It really is that good!



As if that dish wasn't delicious enough...

Round two began the next day as I was still digesting the tasty bits from the previous evening. My sweet sister Kate-shine and I had decided to try making a dish from one of our favorite chefs. To us she is the reigning goddess in the cooking world... Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa. Her cuisine is delightful and delicious and her personality cheerful and radiant. Who wouldn't want to cook like her. Katie and I proudly presented our own bare feet into the kitchen and cooked up an Ina original of Braised Beef Short Ribs.

Katie is channeling her inner Ina...



Stewing in it's juices...



The final product!



Ok I can't decide on which one I like better so you'd better try making them both...
No excuses... go do it right now... Pretend world peace depends on it:)

4 comments:

  1. Oh it was so delicious. I love Ina, and beef!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some hearty, beefy looking dishes. I think I will have to make them both. It's only fair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that Beef Bourarafasgdasgvas... I never was good with french. Is that dish from that Julia movie, the cooking one? It looks amazing. I would feel more peaceful if I ate some, I'm sure of it. I'm impressed with your culinary ambition and prowess.

    ReplyDelete

Peekahoo

Followers