Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Grandma Blanks Birthday Cake



My Grandma Blank had a Birthday in April! She requested a Boston Creme Pie as her special dessert for her special day. So of course I made her one!

And wrapped it up in a box.


I let Christian tie the bow on the cake box because his bow tying skills are far superior to mine.
Don't you just adore the ribbon?! 


It was quite tasty!


Sadly I did not take a picture of Grandma eating the cake... So I'll post this recent picture of her instead. She's such a beautiful caring woman and I love her so very very much. Also I love that we both share a great love for fine desserts. Pretty sure my sweet tooth is a shared genetic trait.

 

In order for the cake to lay flat I had to cut off the rounded tops. I couldn't let the delicious cake go to waste so I made breakfast with the leftovers :)


4 comments:

  1. Mmmmm... I love Boston Cream Pie. It looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake looks yummy and I love the box and bow, good job Christian! What a fun Birthday present.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a cute picture you got of grandma. She was very excited about her birthday. The cake was delish and the box was beautiful all tied up with Christian's bow. Thanks for helping to make grandma's birthday such a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, you are such a good granddaughter. The Boston Cream Pie looks amazing. Christian really does have a gift for the artistic flair.

    ReplyDelete

Peekahoo

Followers