Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Biking with Mrawmin


Mom is in town to hang out with Grandma and make sure she has enough Peach Pie to satisfy her sweet tooth. I believe she made a total of 4 Peach Pies using Dads famous Peach Pie recipe. Grandma thoroughly enjoyed everyone. 


Not to be outdone Stephanie and I made some delicious Lemon Pudding Cakes


We kept Grandma up way past a healthy bedtime giggling like teenage girlies and watching Pride and Prejudice while eating yummy treats. Steph and I serenaded her with off tune renditions of select Pride and Prejudice favorites and didn't get to bed till well after 2am. It was tons of fun!

The next day Mom and I went Mountain Biking at Big Springs up in Provo Canyon. 


The first bit is a lot of uphill and I could tell the altitude was working against Mrawmin's Californian blood. At one point she reached the top of a hill looking particularly exhausted and said "There are flies mating on my legs"! Sure enough there really were. The flies were crazy! I took a picture of myself and a fly landed right in the corner of my mouth as I took the picture. Gross!!


The downhill section was worth the heat and fly attacks however. I think the smile on Mom's face shows just how awesome it was. The setting was beautiful as we soared down the little trail which wound through aspens and flowers and little bridges leapt over cold mountain streams. 



This is my favorite picture because Mom looks awesome and I really love the little bridge.


Yay she did it!


4 comments:

  1. What a fun little excursion. There is some really pretty scenery there. Go mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmm... hi! you have a blog! this is news to me. GREAT news! love that your mom went mountain biking. you're a mountain biking animal by the way! (something aaron aspires for me to be... you'll have to give me some tips when we move back next month!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a fun bike ride. I'm glad you took Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Stephie sound awful when you sing Pride and Prejudice songs together. The pies and lemon tarts were delicious, though, and worth staying up until 2 in the morning for.

    I thoroughly enjoyed mountain biking with you. Next time I vote for letting someone else ride the bike uphill for me and I'll just do all the downhill stuff (heehee).

    ReplyDelete

Peekahoo

Followers