Friday, December 31, 2010

Mom's Room

This is Melvin...


Melvin lives in Mom's room...


Our second bedroom is routinely referred to as "Mom's" room. Every time Mom and Dad come to town we invite them to stay at our place in "their" room. On previous visits we've had to put them up on an air mattress, but we finally had the bed delivered and now they can sleep in style. Being that this bedroom set is the bedroom set of my childhood, I got to pick out the comforter cover and add my personal Julie touches throughout the room. Christian gave me free reign to cutsie it up as much as I wanted. Typically he is not one for the girly additions I frequently try to add throughout the house. Christian is the one responsible for the matching furniture and coordinating color schemes throughout the house.

This room is definitely matchy...
and cutsie to boot!


Did you notice the Giant microbe on the shelf?
Here is a zoomed in picture...



It's Herpes! Cute isn't he!

So the desk doesn't quite fit...
were still not quite sure what to do about it...
any ideas?



As I sit here counting down to 2011 I'm pondering the events of the past couple of months. November and December were a busy blur of pandemonium and I'm not even sure I remember anything except for a faint memory of lots of family and food. I guess its probably about time to get Christian to help me take down the tree... I'm not even sure how time flew by so quickly... I'm still in shock that Thanksgiving and Christmas are over already. I barely remember the fall season, much less winter. I still have pumpkin puree that needs to be eaten and my yearly tradition of watching Pride and Prejudice while the snow falls is unfulfilled...

Maybe I can augment the Christmas tree take down with some pumpkin pie and Mr. Darcy. I'm pretty sure Mr. Darcy is a man of all seasons and will rise to the occasion.

4 comments:

  1. Mom's room is so cute! I love it. We should definitely do some P&P watching and pumpkin pie eating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That comforter is really cute. I want to stay in mom's room! Good job decorating with herpes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I want to share a room with herpes. The room is very cute and comfortable looking. Can't wait to sleep there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey how did i not know you had a blog you silly girlie:) i love your blog and now your on my blog stocking list because i love and miss you!!! ps thankyou for the sweet bday wishes and happy belated bday to you too:)!!! love your guts and your tiny butt:) im so funny!!!

    ReplyDelete

Peekahoo

Followers