Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Grandpa's Chair

I want to share a personal memory about Grandpa that always makes me smile...



My sweet Grandpa passed away just after Christmas. He was such a great man and I will miss him dearly. Some of my fondest memories of my Grandpa involve his big recliner. I remember as a child sitting on his lap and watching Westerns in the big recliner. I never really cared about what was going on in the Western but my Grandpa would give me a summary anyway to keep me up to speed. It was more an excuse for me to fall asleep on his squishy warm belly and sneak sips of Dr. Pepper from his Big Gulp when Mom wasn't looking. I liked sitting with Grandpa in his big recliner because I felt safe and loved nestled in his arms. I did this when I was little and even now that I'm older I would still go over and sit with my Grandpa in his chair. I took a few photos recently of the two of us playing with Photo Booth on my computer while sitting in his recliner. He got such a kick out of the fun settings and I can still remember the laughter we shared at this small moment. These were the last photos I took of my grandpa and they are special to me because it reminds me of how great Grandpas are and how much joy my Grandpa got out of life.



I miss you Grandpa.


My sister Katie did an excellent job posting about Grandpa's funeral.


4 comments:

  1. HAHA! I love those pictures. I remember we were laughing so hard I couldn't stop the tears. I love Grandpa's chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post. I love the photos of Grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, Julie. This is such a sweet post about Grandpa. He really was a fun person. I'm glad you have happy memories of him. I think he would love to be able to see this blog and laugh at the silly faces. I feel so lucky that he was my dad. I miss him too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great pictures of Grandpa. They really capture his happy face.

    ReplyDelete

Peekahoo

Followers