Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Happy Pit Stop


Christian is hoarding all of the pictures from Christmas! I keep asking for them and he says yes he'll get them for me but then he forgets and starts watching another episode of Voyager! He got two seasons as a Christmas present, and I fear he must finish all of them before I am able to get the Christmas photos. Stay tuned...


Instead I shall post about our little pit on the way home. One of Christian's favorite places in all the world is Joshua Tree National Park. It just happens to be only about an hours drive out of the way if you're taking the southern route to visit family for Christmas. Why would anyone even consider taking the northern route with J-Tree as an inviting incentive?




The weather was surprisingly good and we had a ton of fun doing some of the classic climbs we missed on our trip last year. We love this place! Plus this was Bret's first visit to Joshua tree and I think he agrees that it is awesome.


This is a called the Headstone.



It was a really fun climb and really exposed at the top.
Christian is leading the Headstone...


Me climbing the Headstone. I gave Bret the camera and this was one of the few pictures that didn't contain his "artistic" contribution of putting his foot in the bottom corner or directly over my face.


See...



Silly Bret.



Christian did his top of the Headstone tower pose.


Bret doing his top of the tower pose. Good job Bret! You did it!


3 comments:

  1. I laughed so hard at the Bret-foot-picture. That place does look really pretty. I might have to make the detour the next time we're driving through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Bret is such a funny boy. I sure do love him! I love his foot in the photo contribution. I'm glad y'all had fun stopping at Joshua Tree. Dad has always had a special fondness for Joshua Tree as well. One of these times when you visit California we'll have to take you to Pinnacles. I think you'd like that too. Loved all your pictures! Christian looks great in his top of the tower pose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great climbing pictures. I like Bret's top of the headstone dance.

    ReplyDelete

Peekahoo

Followers