Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Ranch



Last weekend we visited the Knight family Ranch in Tetonia Idaho. Tetonia is a little farm town just outside of Driggs Idaho. Even though the circumstances surrounding our visit were sad, it was nice to spend time with Christian's family and see the Ranch he spent many a childhood summers visiting.

I took all these photos with my iPhone because I forgot to bring my camera. I didn't think I'd need a camera but when we got to the Ranch there were just so many beautiful aspects I wanted to remember.

(Yes I now have an iPhone. It is a very addictive piece of technology and I caution all to be very careful when making such an AWESOME purchase!)


The views were peaceful and relaxing and I could see how spending time here was one of Christian's favorite things.


The Tractor.

Christian's cute Grandpa on the Tractor with a view of the Tetons in the background.


We found a coloring book that all the grandchildren had colored in over the years. I found this page with Christian's autograph.


I loved all the farming equipment stuff.


The drinking water here all comes from a well. It was the most delicious water ever! Here is the the little hobbit house top that covers the well.


Old licence plate.

Rusty horseshoes hanging on a tree.


Shed filled with tools.


Tools.


Cool fireplace.


Christian.


I think he'd look great with a cowboy hat here... maybe some chaps.


These are Nauvoo Roses. Grandpa Knight told me about how the Pioneers brought these flowers over from Nauvoo when they settled the area. These roses are everywhere and are so pretty. I'm thinking I want to plant some.


I think I'd enjoy living on a ranch and tending to crops, milking goats, making cheese and other wholesome homemade things. I would definitely need to learn to drive the Tractor first. And I might need better cellphone/WiFi reception.



3 comments:

  1. That place looks so pretty! I like all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ranch looks really fun. I could spend quite a bit of time exploring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place to live. I could definitely enjoy living on a ranch. Driving the tractor would definitely be my first priority. The Nauvoo roses are soooo beautiful. This place looked like an ideal place for a child to enjoy summer vacations. Grown-ups too, for that matter.

    ReplyDelete

Peekahoo

Followers