Monday, November 9, 2009

Little Cottonwood Canyon

Christian has been teaching me about Traditional (Trad) climbing. Usually when I go climbing I do a lot of sport routes where the bolts are already drilled into the rock, however, sometimes there are climbs where there are no bolts and you have to place your own protection. These climbs usually follow a crack system so there are ample places to put in Nuts or Cams. This idea while very hard core and cool has always been a wee bit daunting to me. Luckily Christian is here to pull me out of comfort zone and encourage me to try new and exciting adventures.

Here is the rack...

Several jokes are made about the size of ones rack/nuts...
Many are envious of the size of Christians...


Me leading my first trad route...

See how difficult it is to squeeze up this crack with my very large rack (heehee)...


Bret led an amazing section of a scary slab climb...


Christian did some climbing too...



Bret and I did some posing while Christian climbed above...



We had way too much fun on a beautiful sunny day in LCC!!






4 comments:

  1. Very impressive! That looks scary, but also exciting. Looks like a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee, Julie's rack is big. That does look like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first shot of Christian. He looks like he just robbed a climbing store and took all their loot.
    loving reading your blog btw!
    love you-
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun time. Thanks for the photos. I can almost picture myself being there with you.

    ReplyDelete

Peekahoo

Followers