Sunday, November 8, 2009

Pumpkin Soup

I made Pumpkin soup the other day and it was delicious! I've made Pumpkin soup
in the past with good results but this time I tried out a new recipe. Sar-ha's boyfriend's recipe to be exact.
He brought the soup to a family gathering where we all marveled at how delicious it was.
I was excited to try it because it used an actual pumpkin instead of the canned stuff.
I'd never peeled a pumpkin before and if felt a little strange.

Here is the Pumpkin...


Here is the recipe in Nate's own hand...


The odd and yet key ingredient is the ham. It struck me as strange to have this in the soup but when you taste the soup it becomes clear that the depth in flavor is from the ham! I went to the deli and just had them slice a quarter inch slice of ham which I diced and added to the pan.
Here is everything simmering away...


It was weird having this chunky mixture above turn into...
This smooth and silky soup below...

Serve in big warm cups for optimal comfort effect...


Enjoy! Preferably on a cold and rainy day:)

This soup is guaranteed to turn a sick boy...

into a happy boy...


As many of you know Lucifur is a weird cat but, a lesser known fact about the little poo nugget is that he LOVES pumpkin guts! As soon as I began scraping the inside of the pumpkin he came running into the kitchen. Here he is enjoying the pumpkin guts...

Evil down to his little pumpkin core:)

3 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I'm going to have to try making this. And I love that Lulu likes pumpkin guts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! And I love the picture of Lulu eating pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'll have to try that recipe it sounds yummy, and i think it's a universal that all pets love pumpkin. poochy loves pumpkin :)

    ReplyDelete

Peekahoo

Followers