Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pride & Prejudice with Steamers & Rolls


The Girls in my family absolutely adore the BBC Pride and Prejudice movies!



We've been watching one a week for the past month and today we finally finished the last one... actually we couldn't wait any longer and watched the last three today! Mom is in town and we thought it would be a fitting way to celebrate her arrival. We made hot chocolate steamers with toasted almond syrup and frothed cream on top sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon and nutmeg. They were oh so delicious! Mom did her motherly duties and brought some raspberry rolls with cream cheese frosting to go with the steamers. It was a knockout duo of deliciousness!

Here are all the Crapo girls...

Every time we watch the Pride and Prejudice movies we have to spend several minutes arguing over who has to be the Mary of the family...
Not it...

After we all gave reasons why we shouldn't have to be the Mary we made the delicious steamers...



Lucas helped with the syrup...


We all ate raspberry rolls...


Got the babies to smile...



And thoroughly enjoyed a fun new tradition!


Our favorite scene... Heeheehee...


5 comments:

  1. I keep hearing about these steamers. I want to try one. And those raspberry rolls look delicious. Cute pics of Dallin and Lucas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so much fun. We need to do the steamers again. And I love the added pictures from the movie. Especially the one of Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely don't want to be Mary. She looks so scary in that picture. The steamers were just about the most amazing things EVER. So delicious! I think our group picture is pretty cute. We are a good looking bunch o' peoples...

    PS This is Mom writing on Sheri's computer. But I'm pretty sure Sheri doesn't want to be Mary either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nominate Julie to make us steamers on Thanksgiving. I also nominate Joseph to be Mary. (insert screen shot here from home video of Joseph dressed up like a princess - "Today is your day.")

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not want to be Mary either. Great photos. I can't wait to see everyone in a few days.

    ReplyDelete

Peekahoo

Followers